Tuesday, May 31, 2011

10 Weeks Old

Today Lena is 10 weeks old.  A few things have happened that I wanted to be sure to write about.  Last Wednesday was Lena's 2 month well checkup at the pediatrician.  She was 10 lbs. 7 oz. and measured at 22 1/4 inches.  The doctor said she is doing great, and besides a little concern about Lena's spit up (or projectile vomiting) we agree.  We had to witness for the first time Lena getting shots.  It was so sad to see her cry, but we know it's very important.  So that is what matters.

This past weekend we took Lena on her first trip to Beaumont.  Cory had Friday off because it was an extra staff development day, and he also had Monday off for Memorial Day.  So we left on Friday afternoon and came home late on Sunday.  We had a wonderful time!  We got to visit with a lot of my family, Cory and Dad played golf, and Mom and I went to some baby boutiques.  On Saturday night, Mom and Dad watched Lena and Cory and I went to a movie once Lena was asleep for the night.  It was fun to get out and do something just the two of us.  I think Lena impressed everyone with how happy, alert, and beautiful she is.  We are so proud to share her with everyone and continue to count our blessings! 

We came back on Sunday night, and it was pretty late.  Lena was so cute as she looked around her room.  It was like she recognized it and was so happy to be home.  Yesterday we celebrated Memorial Day with some friends.  We hung out with Ronnie and Kelly at Kelly's parents BBQ.  We had a fun time!

Lena talking and entertaining Grandma

4 Generations of lovely ladies

We enjoyed ourselves outside while Poppa and Cory grilled burgers

Lena and Mommy in our red, white, and blue for the Memorial Day BBQ

I'm planning on taking Lena up to my school this Thursday to meet my students, and so that I can tell them goodbye for the summer.  We'll also stay for the teacher luncheon, and hopefully I'll be able to get my room packed up.  I'm anxious to share her with all of my coworkers who haven't gotten to meet her yet. This is the last week of school, and we're counting down the days until summer vacation starts.  We're looking forward to having Cory home in a few weeks, and Claire and Christian will be coming to visit pretty soon.  We have a few things planned for the summer, but we're mostly looking forward to spending some quality time together while Cory is off of work.  We're taking a trip to Panama City Beach, FL with Cory's family in July.  And Mom is trying to coordinate a trip for all of us to Crystal Beach.  Cory and I are looking forward to taking Lena to these special summer vacation spots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment