 |
| 5 months old |
Lena is doing all kinds of new things. Now that I've started teaching again, finding time to blog isn't quite as easy as it was when I was a "stay at home mom". But I want to make sure to update with all of her milestones and progress. She's been going to daycare now for 4 weeks, and it has been wonderful. It only took me 3 times of dropping her off to get used to the idea of leaving her. The first day of dropping her off, I started crying as soon as I pulled in the parking lot. The second day, I didn't start crying until I had to hand her off to her teacher. Then the third day I didn't cry at all. Her teachers and the directors there were so kind and understanding. They reassured us that she was in good hands, and encouraged us to call as often as we needed to check on her. Of course we did for the first few days, and then after knowing she was adjusting well we put our trust in them. I think it was harder for Cory and me, because Lena didn't cry one bit. Her teachers are so sweet and loving, and it helps so much to know she is in good hands. She loves being around the other babies and is learning so much already. She has brought home an art project each week - finger painting, handprints, and "dancing feet" with paint. Each day her report shares when she ate, slept, and pooped, but it also gives us a description of her activities and her temperament. Most days she is "happy, friendly, and curious".
 |
| Ready for her first day of daycare |
|
|
|
 |
| Giving Daddy some loving before heading to daycare |
Lena loves to jump in her jumperoo. She really jumps hard and has so much fun with all the little toys and music. She also likes to play in the exersaucer and has been exploring all the toys much more lately than before. Lena has been rolling over onto her tummy since my last post. But now she is rolling from her back to her tummy as well. So she is just a rolly-polly now. She scoots and rolls all over the place and has so much fun. She has been sitting up more and more (with a little help and support from our arms or legs) the past few weeks. But this past Monday, she sat up all on her own for several minutes. Now she is able to sit up for extended periods of time, and she is even able to sit up and shake a rattle at the same time. She is so little, but has great balance and strength. We are so proud of all her new physical abilities.
 |
| Sitting up like a big girl |
 |
| Enjoying her exersaucer outside |
We gave her baby oatmeal for the first time last night. She was very curious about it, but not quite sure enough to eat much of it. I know the taste and texture alone are a lot to get used to. So we'll keep trying a little each day. It didn't take her too long to get used to formula, so I'm sure she'll end up liking it before we know it.
 |
| Yum... oatmeal :) |
She is still teething like crazy - drooling a ton, hands in her mouth, and fussy at times. This has been going on for a few months, but still no teeth. She also just got over her first cold, which I'm pretty sure she caught at daycare. She had a really runny nose, which turned into a little cough. Never a real high fever though, and she never really seemed to feel too terribly bad. Even when she was sick, she is still such a happy baby.
 |
| She still loves sleeping on her tummy |
 |
| Such a little angel! |
No comments:
Post a Comment