Thursday, May 19, 2011
Aunt Claire's visit
We were so happy that Aunt Claire was able to come visit and finally meet Lena in person. We've been talking on the phone and using "facetime" so that she and Christian can see Lena and Lena can see them. I've also sent them lots of pictures and videos, but it's just not the same as seeing for yourself and getting to hold her. So Claire flew in from Wisconsin, and we picked her up bright and early on Saturday morning. Lena slept in the car the whole way there and back, so Aunt Claire had to wait until we got home to see her in action. It was so nice having Claire here to watch Lena while I got things ready for the Baptism. I don't think she minded her job too much :). And of course it was wonderful that Claire was able to be here for Lena's Baptism.
The main thing on the agenda for her trip was just getting to hang out, relax, and spend time with Lena. So that's pretty much what we did. Lena had so much fun spending time with Aunt Claire. She loved when Aunt Claire took her outside and was just so relaxed. Lena showed Aunt Claire how she plays on her play mat and with all of her toys. Claire was impressed with how Lena can stand up, do plies and releves (ballet moves of course), and with how much she smiles and talks. Claire got to see her in some of the outfits that she bought for Lena before she was born. So that was fun too. Aunt Claire did have some things she missed while being away from Texas, so we made sure to take care of her cravings. We had Chick-fil-a, Mexican food, and Bluebell ice cream :) We took Lena to a frozen yogurt shop in our neighborhood that I've been wanting to try. It was delicious and a really neat place. We are looking forward to going back when Claire and Christian come in June. It was hard to say goodbye on Tuesday, but thankfully we only have a few more weeks until we will see her again. And this time, she will be bringing Christian! I am so excited to see that little man. We haven't seen him since Thanksgiving, and from our talks on the phone I can tell he is getting so grown up. We will miss Jacob, since he won't be coming. But we'll look forward to seeing him when they come for Christmas.
Thank you Aunt Claire for coming to see us! We love you and miss you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had such a wonderful time with you guys and especially that sweet baby girl!! I miss her soo much already and can't wait till I can hold her again!!! She is such a special girl and I love her so much!!! June can't come soon enough!!! Thank you for everything!! You and Cory were excellent hosts!!
ReplyDelete